Saturday, July 10, 2010

FOOLS AS FRIEND VS WISE ENEMY


LESSON OF LAST NIGHT
            I was woken up by telephone bell at 2.30 AM last night .It was emergency at NH. I reached there within a minute and saw a old lady of 65 years,very breathless and irritable . I pride myself in art of history taking but little I knew that my masters exam was today. I asked the relative what is the problem .He said he has no idea and I should examine her and judge myself. I called another relative and asked the same question. He said that he was not there and had come late . I tried few more relatives without getting any answer.
I asked anybody was with the patient . Two ladies were called in .I asked what happened to patient. First one said  that she had blood pressure . I told her that BP must have been checked by Local Doctor .Why U took patient there .Answer was same –patient had BP.  I tried second lady and got same answer. All the symptoms were because of BP. Duration of symptoms and course of event could not be established. After 5 minutes of interviewing almost everyone with her all I knew was that her symptoms were recent and no other information was forthcoming.
I decided not 2 keep the patients with me and refer the patient elsewhere as CHANKYA said “ It is better 2 have wise enemy than foolish friends”. A fool as may friend is likely 2 harm U without intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment